Wednesday, 28 November 2012
Prometheus Review
Prometheus is a film that follows Elezabeth Shaw (what would be considered the main character) as they discover a star map, and follow the to find the creater of the people, and where we come from, but they find more than they would ever had planned.
They did well with a film with a relativly small budget to achieve something that used so much CGI and used it to such a good effect where you would think it had a massive budget. They did this by using not completely unknown actors but certainly not massive actors at the minute. I think that this works well for the film, ther isnt someone that I would consider to be the main character, ovbioulsly some people would say it was Elezabeth Shaw, but I think that she gets just as much screen time as alot of the other characters in the film, so I think one big actor would be of waste of money, and to be fair everyone that acted in the film did a solid job and everyone put in a good performance. One particually notable performance was Micheal Fassbender who played David a very human like robot in the film, and he for me was by far the best performance in the film, he was so believable as a robot, when you actually realised it but when you didnt he was beleiveable as a person, very good performance.
As a film to look at the film is very good, every thing looks altogher sci-fi and looks like something that I would go to watch. The story line on the face of it sounds good there is a story behind it and every thing on face value makes for an for a good film but...
I really didnt enjoy it, althoug there was a story behind it there was no story behind the characters, you found out stuff about some of the characters but nothing that allows you to connect fo any of them, which for me is something that is a must for a film, that is what allows you to connect to a film and feel something about it. This is going to sound really harsh but when characters died I didnt feel anything, to be honest I just thought that is disgusting, and that is what ruined what would have been a perfectly good film.
There is a rumour that there is going to be a sequel, and the way the story line goes there is a real chance, but unless it gets some raving reviews then then I certainly wont be going to watch it. I admit some people will enjoy this film and want to go and will want to watch a sequel, but I didnt give me what I wanted, but if you arent like me then to be fair it is worth a watch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment